Autographed copies of the Ultimate James Bond Fan Book are available directly from the author.
For the true Bond fan, one more book/movie/game is never too many. Here are my favorites.
Ian Fleming Fiction
These are in the order in which they were written (and so the order you probably want to read them).
Live And Let Die
Diamonds Are Forever
From Russia With Love
For Your Eyes Only (short stories)
The Spy Who Loved Me
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
You Only Live Twice
The Man With The Golden Gun
Octopussy And The Living Daylights (short stories)
Following Ian Fleming's death, James Bond's adventures have continued in the hands of other (authorized) writers. Most are out of print, but here are the ones that are (again, in the order written).
Colonel Sun, by Kingsley Amis
High Time to Kill , by Raymond Benson (1999)
Never Dream of Dying , by Raymond Benson
The Man With the Red Tattoo, by Raymond Benson
A series of books about Bond as a teenager, by Charlie Higson.
Silverfin: Young Bond #1
Blood Fever: Young Bond #2
- The Science of James Bond:
From Bullets to Bowler Hats to Boat Jumps, the Real Technology behind 007's Fabulous Films, by Lois Gresh & Robert Weinberg: Brand new, for the hardware geeks among us.
- Death Rays, Jet Packs, Stunts, and Supercars : The Fantastic Physics of Film's Most Celebrated Secret Agent, by Barry Parker
- Adrian Turner on Goldfinger: Bloomsbury Movie Guide No. 2 , by Adrian Turner: A lovely, quirky book. Stands out because its focus is a single film, but more than that, it includes a little of everything: Trivia, interviews, even fan fiction by Mr. Turner
- Bond Films: Virgin Film , by Jim Smith, Steve Lavington, James Clarke: Part of the Virgin Film series, this is a film-by-film review. Includes Die Another Day , the 1967 Casino Royale and Never Say Never Again. A light tongue-in-cheek approach.
- The Complete James Bond Movie Encyclopedia, by Steven Jay Rubin: One of my very favorites. A huge range of material, including the Eon films, Never Say Never Again and both unofficial versions of Casino Royale, bless him.
- The Essential Bond: The Authorized Guide to the World of 007, by Lee Pfeiffer and Dave Worrall: Very thorough, witty, opinionated, and lavishly illustrated. Some of the best photos I've seen, a must-have for the Bond enthusiast. Eon films only.
- Ian Fleming's James Bond: Annotations And Chronologies For Ian Fleming's Bond Stories, by John
Griswold: Exhaustive, amazing detail on the novels. A true labor of love.
- James Bond Movie Posters: The Official 007 Collection, by Tony Nourmand: What a great idea, and what a great collection!
- James Bond: The Secret World of 007, by Alastair Dougall, Roger Stewart, & Dave Worral: Light on content but lavish in its diagrams and cutaways, the conceit here is that this is an MI6 authorized book. The book shows us the “real” James Bond (Pierce Brosnan) and then references films about this real man. Contains only Eon films, and does not include Die Another Day. A new edition will be released in time for Casino Royale.
What was going on in the real world of spying and espionage while each of the Bond films were made? How did feminism affect Bond? What was Bondmania as a social phenomenon? How has Bond changed with the changing times?
Movies on DVD
Dr. No (1962)
From Russia With Love (1963)
You Only Live Twice (1967)
Casino Royale (1967) (The special edition DVD contains both the 1967 parody and the 1954 one-hour TV drama; neither is part of the "official" series.)
On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)
Diamonds Are Forever (1971)
Live and Let Die (1973)
The Man With the Golden Gun (1975)
The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
For Your Eyes Only (1981)
Never Say Never Again (1983) (also non-official, a remake of Thunderball)
A View to a Kill (1985)
The Living Daylights (1987)
Licence to Kill (1989)
Tomorrow Never Dies (1997)
The World Is Not Enough (1999)
Die Another Day (2002)
From Russia With Love: PS2, Xbox, Gamecube. PSP
Everything or Nothing: PS2, Xbox, Gamecube
Agent Under Fire: PS2, Gamecube
Nightfire: PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Windows (98/XP/ME/2000), Mac OS X
GoldenEye Rogue Agent: PS2